[wingide-users] Can import in shell but not in debugger

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 8 13:38:18 MDT 2009

OldGrantonian wrote:
> In the Wing debugger, the following line produces an error:
>
> from mnemosyne.pyqt_ui.ui_main_window import Ui_MainWindow
>
> No module named ui_main_window
>
> But if I run the same line in the shell, there's no error.
>
> The python path is:
> C:\BazaarBranch2.0\trunk\mnemosyne\mnemosyne\pyqt_ui

I'm not sure why it's working from the shell but I think the correct
path entry for that import statement would be:

C:\BazaarBranch2.0\trunk\mnemosyne

Each directory in the Python Path is where Python starts looking for
the outer module or package referenced by the import... in this case,
mnemosyne.