[wingide-users] wing3.2 crash information

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 6 08:17:42 MDT 2009

Daniel Vainsencher Maya Monteiro wrote:
> i'm experiencing wing3.2 crashes when opening projects and i can't
> adresses the cause.
> I have checked log but there isn't any useful information in it. When
> I started from shell and it crashes the only message is "segmentation
> fault".
> I can't address any system changes that could be causing this problem.
> I also had tried to recreate my ~/.wing3.2 profile and reinstall wing
> ide but the crashes persists.
>
> system information:
> ubuntu 9.10
> Wing IDE Professional 3.2.1-1 (rev 20901) (rev 20901)
> Linux version 2.6.28-15-server (buildd at rothera) (gcc version 4.3.3
> (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) ) #52-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 9 11:50:50 UTC 2009
> genuineintel 1200.000 mhz, 32 bit
>
> How can I obtain more information about that crashes to help me to
> solve my the problem by myself or even to post a more useful help
> request.

Is the User Interface / Use System GTK preference on?  If so, try
turning it off.

Sending ~/.wingide3/error-log to support at wingware.com immediately
after a crash (before restarting Wing) may also be helpful.

It is conceivable it has something to do with the contents of
particular project files, so worth tracking whether only particular
projects cause it.  This might explain why it persists across
reinstall and blowing away ~/.wingide3.