[wingide-users] Configuring a project for working with plone buildouts

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 1 08:07:26 MDT 2009

On 10/1/09 8:25 AM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> Ok, I digged a bit deeper and set the bin/instance file as the main
> debug file. That didn't seem to work but restarting Wing did the trick.
> Now I'm still left with a weird issue in the integrated python shell:
>
> There's product: ../products/MyProduct
> And when I type:
>   >>>  import Products.My
> Wing nicely shows me a list of importable products including MyProduct
> but when I execute that line:
>   >>>  import Products.MyProduct
> it says No module named Products.MyProduct

This is a bug; the completion list is wrong.  What's happening is Wing
is picking up the effective python path from the instance file and then
using it to create a list of modules that it thinks should be available,
but the path entries added in the instance file have not been added in
the shell so the import fails.  We'll try to fix the list of modules in
a future release.

Cheers,