[wingide-users] Which part of the code is being executed?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 1 07:50:58 MDT 2009

On 10/1/09 5:21 AM, OldGrantonian wrote:
> I can launch an application from within Wing. The UI appears, and waits
> for some user activity. Everything is exactly as in the EXE version of
> the program.
>
> I want to perform some normal action in the UI, such as click a specific
> button. Is it possible to see, from within Wing, the code that would be
> executed in response to my action?

It's not possible for Wing to indicate what code will run in response to
a UI action because this depends on the UI framework or app being used
-- a wx app works differently than a Tkinter app which works differently
that pygtk.

My suggestion is to look at the documentation of the app or framework
that you're working with for a description of what callbacks are called
and when.

Cheers,