[wingide-users] New HTML Generator

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 23 14:49:36 MST 2009

Jon Roberts wrote:
> Someone just sent me this article today on a really cool way to generate
> html code using a subset of css selector syntax.
>
> http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/11/21/zen-coding-a-new-way-to-write-html-code/
>
> How hard do you think this would be to integrate into Wing IDE? It's
> written in python and javascript.
>
> I've just started using Wing for Turbogears development and I think that
> this could really speed genshi template development.  It looks like the
> zen_settings.js file could be modified fairly easily to support the
> genshi tags and attributes.

Another idea is to look at writing some scripts to integrate this w/
Wing.  You won't be able to integrate it w/ Wing's autocompleter
but could collect the input either in the arg entry area or could
allow selecting something in the editor, running it through
the expansion algorithm, and replacing the selection.

Info on the API and writing scripts to extend Wing is here:

http://wingware.com/doc/scripting