[wingide-users] Weird slow down in Wing 3.2

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Nov 19 09:14:00 MST 2009

Dennis Fogg wrote:
> yes, the second and all other searches are slow (same as the first search).
> All searches list scanned files in the display so i can see the file
> scanning.
> I think your search cache broke between minor releases.

What OS is this on?  Also, what are the Look in, Filter, and Search options
set to?

Anyone else seeing this?

For comparison, I have 10383 files in my project.  Initial search on
"All Source Files" (all 10383 files) takes about 40 seconds the first time
I start Wing but after that it's about 12 seconds.  I'm trying this on
Linux and it seems the OS is caching as well since when I restart Wing I'm
still getting the 12 second timing for 10K files.  Searching the 1800 Python
files takes about 3 seconds.  This is for regular search.  Regex took slightly
longer and the other options didn't seem to affect the times.