[wingide-users] Indent analysis confused

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Nov 4 11:15:21 MST 2009

Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> I think what Mark is suggesting is that this "coding standard" was
> rendered obsolete by editors of at least two decades ago

It is for breaking up the code visually when looking at it (the human
reader), these are not yet obsolete but maybe in the future.

> and breaks most Python tools (such as document generators).
Which document generator would it break?

> The indent problem with Wing is just the beginning -- it is the first
> molecule of the tip of a very large iceberg of problems.
Can you suggest any others then, I'm having a hard time imagining what
breaks when you put comments in your code...

As to showing them what modern IDEs are capable of, this problem with
indentation is sadly only proving the reverse. ;-)

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/