[wingide-users] Indent analysis confused

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 4 08:36:23 MST 2009

Michael Foord wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In my new job the coding standard is to put comment markers above and
> below every function / method definition. Thusly:
>
> ##################
> def close():
>
> This breaks the indent analysis. On the first blank line after the
> method / function definition tab won't indent relative to the definition.

A partial work-around would be to modify and use the 'def' templates
in the Templates tool since that includes an indent before the final
resting place after template entry.  That would at least help with
entering this grouping and not having to manually indent.

The solution may be to ignore indent of a comment if it's the first
thing in a block, but ignoring them entirely is probably not a good
idea based on our past attempts at fiddling with this.