[wingide-users] A couple of ideas for interactive debug probe

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:05:00 MST 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> The source assistant displays info about the current symbol in the debug
> probe.  Is there something you would like to see added when there's a live
> process?  Adding goto definition is a good idea and would provide the
> functionality provided by ??.

Mostly just a "goto definition" would be helpful. Although maybe having ?
and ?? bring up the WingIDE equivalents (Source Assistant, Goto Definition)
would be helpful for iPython users. I do a lot of my adhoc tinkering with
iPython, so having WingIDE and it work similar would just be generally
helpful -- in the same way that WingIDE has an emacs mode to help users who
are familiar with emacs.