[wingide-users] VI search changed

Chaiwat Suttipongsakul cwt at bashell.com
Mon Nov 2 08:56:45 MST 2009

I use wing 3.2.2 on Fedora 32-bit and got this problem too.

In the real vim and wing 3.2.1, if you type '/' you're entering search
mode, any key after that will be the search pattern and the real vim
will jump to the first location when you his enter. Then to jump to
the next location, just hit 'n'.

However, in wing 3.2.2 after you hit '/' + keyword + enter, it's still
in search mode, and did not jump to the first location. I have to use
'/' + keyword + escape, then hit 'n'. This is a big annoyance for
anyone who remember the real vim sequence in their nerve.

Regards,
Chaiwat.S