[wingide-users] VI search changed

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 2 08:24:38 MST 2009

Max Slimmer wrote:
> I just downloaded Wing Pro 3.2.2-1 rev 21060, on windows XP
> now when I initiate a search '/xxx'  it finds and highlights the next
> occurrence of that string, but to terminate the search string I need to
> enter 'esc' instead of 'return', entering return includes \n in the
> search pattern...

Shouldn't the enter key search to next match and not terminate?  That's
what vim is doing for me here.  Please let me know if enter indeed should
terminate the search in some cases (as I don't use vi much, I may miss
details of end cases, etc).

Wing is working for me for some reason (it moves to next match), but
clearly it is broken for some people across at least Windows and OS X.

I'll see if any of the diffs from 3.2.1->3.2.2 reveal what changed.

Thanks for reporting this.