[wingide-users] relative directories

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 2 07:51:25 MST 2009

Idan Zaltzberg wrote:
> I'm working with SVN, and whenever I create a new branch, I have to
> manually define the path for:
>
> ·         Python Path to the source files (otherwise the autocomplete
> does not work)
>
> ·         Path to the external wing scripts
>
> ·         Path to pi files I generate (for IronPython .NET libraries)
>
> It would be much better if I could use path that is defined relatively
> to the project library. But whenever I try to do so,
>
> Your application advises against it and it does not work properly (The
> auto complete does not work again)
>
> Is there anything I can do to make it work?

You can use path entries like $(MYBASEDIR)\x\y\z and then define
MYBASEDIR=c:\whatever\ in the Environment in Project Properties.
Then you can just Save Project As to make the project for the new
branch and change just MYBASEDIR in the project file.

If the project file is in SVN, use the Shared Project Type in the
Project Properties' Options tab and check in only the .wpr file.
The Environment and Python Path (among other things that vary from
machine to machine or checkout to checkout) will be stored in
the *.wpu file.

Please let me know if this does not help.