[wingide-users] VI search changed

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 00:26:28 MDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Philip Gatt <gattster at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1. The new way is annoying and doesn't feel like "vi" and I miss the old
> way. Also affected are vi searching by typing ? and *.
>

> *From: *Max Slimmer <max at theslimmers.net>
> *Date: *October 30, 2009 3:22:55 PM PDT
> *To: *wingide-users at wingware.com
> *Subject: **[*
>

> I just downloaded Wing Pro 3.2.2-1 rev 21060, on windows XP

This must be a Windows centered bug; I just checked my  3.2.2-1 (rev 21071)
on Ubuntu, and search works as you would want it (return just runs the
search).

Then I tried it on my Virtualbox Windows-7 (updated the 3.2b Wing there to
the current - what's with all the errors because of trying to replace /
remove non-existant files???; oh, well...) --- set the keyboard personality
to VI/VIM, and this seemed to also work fine with Windows-7...

Anyone else actually having trouble with this?

I would ask about the Mac experience, but know that wingware staff have
Apples computers.....

- Yarko

now when I initiate a search '/xxx'  it finds and highlights the next