[wingide-users] Tear-off Menus

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Tue May 26 14:46:51 MDT 2009

Wingware Support wrote:
> Kevin C. Smith wrote:
>> Is it possible to disable the tear-off menus?
>>
>> Not a big issue, but noted that WingIDE's menus don't work with
>> gnome-globalmenu. I'm betting that the tear-off menus are the issue.
>
> There isn't an option to turn this off now.  Does it help to run Wing
> with the system gtk?  You can try this with the command line option
> --system-gtk and if it works then enable the Use System Gtk preference
> at the bottom of the first preferences page.

It helps to run it NOT as the system GTK. That avoids the global menu. It
would be nice to be able to turn tear-off menus off though. I'm 90% sure
that fixes the issue, but it's a small issue and gnome-globalmenu is not
Gnome official (yet). If it's a simple addition please add that option;
otherwise I'd wouldn't spend much time on it.