[wingide-users] run with arguments

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 21 09:42:51 MDT 2009

Greg Fiske wrote:
> I can’t click the Run button because the script requires arguments.  I
> can run the script in the python shell by typing ‘import scriptname.py’,
> but if I type ‘import scriptname.py <argument>’ it bombs.

You can specify arguments when you debug the program via the Source menu
-> Current File Properties, then switching to the Debug tab, and then
entering the arguments.  In Wing 101 (which I assume you're using), the
Run button exec's the script in the Python shell and no command line
arguments may be specified when doing this.

Cheers,