[wingide-users] Source assistant for properties in 3.2.0b1 (plus suspected autocomplete bug)

william ratcliff william.ratcliff at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:11:16 MDT 2009

So, for a static source analysis, there is no introspection?  For example,
if I am using the pydev eclipse plug-in (or, if I use pyCrust in WxPython,
etc.), then this works beautifully--is there any plan to incorporate this in
Wing?  Otherwise, what does the source assistant actually do?  For example,
if I try something as simple as:

import sys

The if I type sys.exit(), then not only do I find that there is no
autocompletion for sys, but furthermore, the source assistant only shows:
Symbol:  None
No symbol at cursor

Is this expected behavior?  For the static code analysis, does it look in
the python path defined by the project, or does it search the default python
path?

Perhaps my project properties are set incorrectly?  I have set a custom
destination for my python executable, however, I suggest to use the default
for the python path and the system environment.  If I choose to use the
default, on windows, how does it define this?  What about the system
environment?

Cheers,
William