[wingide-users] OS X 10.5.6 - Emacs Personality and License Question

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Sat May 16 09:48:25 MDT 2009

Ian Cottee wrote:
> 1. On OS X, I am using the Emacs Personality. Using the standard Apple
> X11 server and have followed (I think) the instructions
> at http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/osx. However, I can't see how I
> can access the menus (which I can do on windows and linux) with the alt
> key. Is there a way of doing this? Having to reach for the mouse all the
> time is getting annoying.

You probably want to change the global X11 alt key preference in the
keyboard preferences to either alt/option or command.  Note that the
alt/option key is used as a character composition key in many non-US
keyboard layouts.

> 2. I'm the only developer using this but I've installed on four
> different machines now, two of which are dual boot. It's very likely
> I'll be installing and uninstalling quite a few times but I am the only
> person using the software. Is there any restriction on how many times my
> license can be enabled ?

The Wing IDE license may be used on any number of system, as long as any
OS restrictions are met.  It must be activated on each system and our
server does limit the number of activations, but you can request more
via wingware.com/license and by emailing us; we routinely increase the
number of activations for a license.

Cheers,