[wingide-users] Wing v2.1.4 works, v3.1.8 does not

Mark A. Schmucker masc at rincon.com
Mon Mar 30 15:34:02 MDT 2009

I'm developing a graphics-intensive app using wxWidgets. I have previously been using Wing v2.1.4 successfully to debug my app. Now I'm setting up my project on a new computer, and I took this opportunity to try v3.1.8. (Note v2.1.4 was never installed on this computer.)

When I debug my project from Wing, it sort of works- the debugger starts and can hit at least some breakpoints- but my app doesn't paint correctly. Only part of my app's window paints itself. And my app doesn't get all the mouse messages, as far as I can tell.

I uninstalled v3.1.8 and installed v2.1.4. Now everything works. So what's wrong with v3.1.8?

I read the "Migrating from Previous Versions" section of the manual but I don't see any help there. I see the newer version has multi-threaded debugging support- could the problem be related to that? I'm not doing anything special with multi-threading in my app.

Thanks,
Mark