[wingide-users] Remote debugging and question about installing wing3.1 on aubuntu server

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Mon Mar 30 07:22:17 MDT 2009

Vineet Jain (gmail) wrote:

> I’m trying to get my server configured for remote debugging. I
> downloaded the deb package that you have and it failed since it was
> built for a 64 bit machine, while my server is a 64 bit machine.
>
> I then downloaded the link Tar file with Linux installer and installed
> it on my server. That did not give any errors, however, I’m not
> convinced that it had the correct binaries for a 64 bit server. Also
> my 64 bit machine has no gui, it is an ubuntu server install only.
> Will that be a problem for remote debugging?

On 64-bit Debian systems, you can install from the Debian package but
need to first install the ia32-libs 32 bit compatibility libraries and
then install Wing with the command dpkg -i --force-architecture
wingide3.1-3.1.8-1.i386.deb The package contains what you need to run
your debug process with 64-bit Python but Wing itself runs as a 32-bit
application.

However, if you don't need to run the GUI then you should have
everything you need already. The 32-bit debian and other Wing dists for
linux all come with the necessary support to debug code running under a
64 bit Python.

--

Stephan