[wingide-users] Chinese characters are displayed incorrectly in source assistant panel?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 19 07:51:24 MDT 2009

Hi,

mian wang wrote:
> Sorry for my poor English.

Don't worry it's much better than my Chinese! :-)

> I have set the font to 'simsun' which can support chinese in menu
> edit->Preferences,
> and the source editor can show chinese character correctly,
> but the source assistant still show incorrectly.
> how to solve this problem?

The source editor uses the Source Code Font/Size preference but
the source assistant uses the Display Font/Size preference.  It
may be that the latter needs to be changed also to a font that
supports the Chinese glyphs.

If that doesn't help, can you send a small example file that I
can try out, and also let me know what OS you are working on
and with which Wing version?  You can send that directly to
support at wingware.com instead of to the mailing list.