[wingide-users] Wing IDE 3.2 beta1 released

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Mar 18 09:37:19 MDT 2009

Wingware Support wrote:
>> What is this: 'automatic transitions when debugging'
>
> If you don't already know what perspectives are (or maybe even if you
> do ;-) this may be confusing.  I suggest reading section 3.2.4 in the
> Wing IDE Manual from the Help menu in Wing 3.2 beta1.  If that doesn't
> help, please let me know.

Thanks. I've read that. Unfortunately it didn't clear up much. The text all
seems to assume the reader already has a full grasp on perspectives.

Perhaps some concrete questions:

- Can I use this to automatically bring up the horizontal tool box and switch
to the Debug I/O tab when I tap F5?
- Will it keep the Exceptions tab from hogging everything even when no
exception has been triggered?
- Will the editor pane keep the current line visible and not allow it to
become hidden behind the horizontal tool bar?

>> And I don't recognize anything different in any of the places where
>> files are managed. What am I missing?
>
> In the Project View, assuming you are running 3.2 beta1 of course
> (check the About box to make sure!) you should be able to drag files
> to move or copy them (hold ctrl to copy) and right click to either
> add new files or directories or move them to the system trash.  You
> can also click on a file or directory's name and edit it to rename it.

Thanks. Good stuff. Does this work with the VCS? Renaming and moving files
isn't much help if the VCS just un-does it all.

Michael