[wingide-users] Wing IDE 3.2 beta1 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 18 09:15:06 MDT 2009

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Wayne Cannon wrote:
>> Thanks for adding perspectives and the automatic transitions when
>> debugging.  It is much appreciated.  I also appreciated the file
>> management addition.
>
> Am I the only one feeling a bit left out?
>
> What is this: 'automatic transitions when debugging'

If you don't already know what perspectives are (or maybe even if you
do ;-) this may be confusing.  I suggest reading section 3.2.4 in the
Wing IDE Manual from the Help menu in Wing 3.2 beta1.  If that doesn't
help, please let me know.

> And I don't recognize anything different in any of the places where
> files are managed. What am I missing?

In the Project View, assuming you are running 3.2 beta1 of course
(check the About box to make sure!) you should be able to drag files
to move or copy them (hold ctrl to copy) and right click to either
add new files or directories or move them to the system trash.  You
can also click on a file or directory's name and edit it to rename it.