[wingide-users] Wing IDE 3.2 beta1 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 18 07:37:45 MDT 2009

Thomas Bennett wrote:
> I see on the WEB page that the beta can be installed along side Wing IDE 3.1x
> but does it also use a seperate .wingide3 directory in the user's home?
> Whether it does or not, I know it would be a good idea to back that up. ;-)

For the most part it shares the user settings directory with 3.1 (there are
some differences in how the analysis caching works, so those are separate).

I've been going back and forth a lot between 3.2 and 3.1 and think it's
relatively safe.  Of course backups are always a good idea.

I've even been sharing projects w/ 3.1 and 3.2 but I'd recommend _not_ doing
that and instead creating separate projects.  That avoids some relatively
minor glitches that I just ignore but may annoy others.