[wingide-users] x86-64

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 16 11:21:01 MDT 2009

Tim Cook wrote:
> Is there a time line for Ubuntu (Debian) packages for x86_64 hardware?

On 64-bit Debian systems, you can install from the Debian package but
need to first install the ia32-libs 32 bit compatibility libraries and
then install Wing with the command

dpkg -i --force-architecture wingide3.1-3.1.7-1.i386.deb

The package contains what you need to run your debug process with 64-bit
Python but Wing itself runs as a 32-bit application.

I'm not sure when we'll create x64 specific .deb files, but it's something
we are trying to do relatively soon.