[wingide-users] IDE Problem

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 16 08:01:34 MDT 2009

Lakshman Prasad wrote:
> I have been using Wing IDE for some time. Suddenly since yesterday, it
> has stopped working. I get the following message when i try to run it. I
> dint make any changes in the IDE folder or its settings. Following is
> the error message I get:
>
> /The debug process never connected back to Wing IDE:  Aborting debug session
>
> See Trouble-shooting Failure to Debug in the users manual.
>
> /I can however, execute python programs on the shell, other IDEs and
> command line, thus verifying that its not a problem with my python
> installation, as the Troubleshooting guide seems to suggest.
>
> Since I use Wing regularly, this is a severe problem; please help me
> rectify it immediately. Thanks.

Check whether you've got Passive Listen turned on in the debugger
(mouse over and/or click on the bug icon in lower left).  I suspect
that's on and you have two instances of Wing running.  It may be
that somehow one instance no longer has a window but is still running
so you may need to check the task manager or 'ps aux' on Linux/Mac
(or if all else fails, reboot).

If you are not using wingdbstub, you should generally turn passive
listen off.

Please let me know if this does not help.