[wingide-users] what am i doing wrong?

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Mar 12 12:57:18 MDT 2009

You will need the python gdata library (http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-
client/downloads/list) and a google calendar account for this to work.  You
will need to replace calendar_id, calendar_service.email, and
calendar_service.password with your valid data for this to work.  This inserts
a recurring event from may 1, 2009 to June 4, 2009 on Tuesdays and may 1 and
june 4.  The recurrence_data has wrapped on this email.

Where do I tell where a main debug file might be set? I have used Wing IDE many
times and haven't had a problem starting new files and do think I may have
inadvertently set a debug file.

Thanks,

Thomas

=============================

import gdata.calendar.service
import gdata.service
import atom.service
import gdata.calendar
import atom
import string

print 'starting'
# test calendar
calendar_id='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at group.calendar.google.com'
calendar_service = gdata.calendar.service.CalendarService()
calendar_service.email = 'xxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxx'
calendar_service.password = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
calendar_service.source = 'Test local python script'
calendar_service.ProgrammaticLogin()

title='Weekly Tennis with Beth'
content='Meet for a quick lesson'
where='On the courts'
recurrence_data = ('DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090501\r\n' +
'DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20090502\r\n' +
'RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=Tu;UNTIL=20090704\r\n')

event = gdata.calendar.CalendarEventEntry()
event.title = atom.Title(text=title)
event.content = atom.Content(text=content)
event.where.append(gdata.calendar.Where(value_string=where))

# Set a recurring event
event.recurrence = gdata.calendar.Recurrence(text=recurrence_data)
new_event = calendar_service.InsertEvent(event,
'/calendar/feeds/'+calendar_id+'/private/full')

print 'New recurring event inserted: %s' % (new_event.id.text,)
print '\tEvent edit URL: %s' % (new_event.GetEditLink().href,)
print '\tEvent HTML URL: %s' % (new_event.GetHtmlLink().href,)

print new_event

On Thursday 12 March 2009 14:23:18 Wingware Support wrote:
> Thomas Bennett wrote:
> > But, I copied the
> > recurring date sample(see below) to a blank page and added the connection
> > data needed, then saved it.  When I click on the debug button it appears
> > nothing happens and data is not put in the calendar.
>
> Is anything printed when run from the command line?  The snippet you
> sent in email wouldn't print anything, but it probably wasn't the whole
> script.  Another thing to look at is whether a main debug file is set
> and whether that is being run instead of the current file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/