[wingide-users] Auto-completion and Source Assistant problems with Wing IDE Pro 3.1.7-1?

Dan Roger wingusr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:12:55 MDT 2009

On 3/10/09, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> Dan Roger wrote:
>> Now randomly, the autocompletion will work when I type
>> "logging.handler." but usually it doesn't. I can't figure out why
>> it sometimes works and others not. For example, if I copy & paste the
>> beginning of my file to another new empty file it works??? But if I cut
>> out all the trailing stuff in the original file to match, it still
>> doesn't work???
>
> Could you submit a bug report from Wing's help menu with an error-log
> attached when this fails?  This will give us some information about
> what's failing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Okay, I've narrowed down the problem. My project only has one file
in it. If that file is "Set as Main Debug File" the Source Assistant
doesn't work until you edit import lines. However, if you "Clear Main
Debug File" the Source Assistant works fine.

That's why I wasn't having any problem with a slightly shorter version
of my file. That's also why I didn't have any problem with an exact
copy of that file. They both weren't set as the Main Debug File.