[wingide-users] wing not playing nicely with Gnome cut-and-paste?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 2 07:41:50 MST 2009

Chris Curvey wrote:
> am I missing something?  I thought this used to work.
>
> 1) Edit a file in Wing
> 2) highlight a patch of code.
> 3) go to an xterm window and try to paste with the middle mouse button

Works for me also.  Are you running Wing using the system GTK or the
private GTK that came with Wing (the latter is the default)?  It
may work to try the opposite (either use --system-gtk or --private-gtk
command line option to Wing or set the Use System Gtk pref at the
bottom of the User Interface prefs page).

If that doesn't help, please let us know if you're running in vmware
or some other similar setup.