[wingide-users] Non-integer font sizes

Aidan Fitzpatrick aidan at reincubate.com
Mon Jun 29 03:41:56 MDT 2009

Hi
I'd like to be able to use non-integer font sizes in Wing IDE. Sounds a bit
fussy, but it works fine in GNOME: you can set font preferences to 9.25,
8.5, etc. and it all works beautifully.

If you set GNOME's default "Fixed width" font size to a non-integer and get
Wing to use "system default", it gets confused and appears to round up. If
you explicitly tell Wing to use Monospace 8.5, it'll use Monospace 9.

I want to use 8.5 because 9 is too big and 8 is too small. Everything else
on my desktop seems OK. And, no, zooming in and out with the keyboard isn't
what I want, and nor is changing my DPI.

Has anyone else run into this and maybe found a solution?

Thanks.