[wingide-users] Use two # symbols when commenting out a region

Encolpe Degoute encolpe.degoute at free.fr
Thu Jun 25 12:13:51 MDT 2009

Michael Foord a écrit :
> Encolpe Degoute wrote:
>> Michael Foord a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> From the IDLE mailing list (the final text is from Guido van Rossum):
>>>
>>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/idle-dev/2009-June/002766.html

>>> editors

>>> And this is how it's meant to be used. Quickly comment or uncomment a
>>> section of code. Invaluable.
>>>

>> -1
>> I'm using ## for a code explanation and # for a commented out code.
>>

> Well I tend to never leave commented out code in production, so use
> single hash for comments. :-)

In big projects with a good longevity, some pieces of code raise errors
when you migrate to a new version. The original developer is unreachable
and nobody know want he was trying to do. Then you put a compatibility
warning 'XXX' a date and comment out the code before to write a new one.

I think it is a good practice until you are sure that the replacement
code is safe.

--
Encolpe DEGOUTE
http://encolpe.degoute.free.fr/