[wingide-users] Ctrl-W: mini-search?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 17 19:52:45 MDT 2009

Jonathan March wrote:
> Version 3.2 beta2 change log:
> "Ctrl-W places current word in editor into active mini-search"
>
> With my default key bindings, Ctrl-W closes the open file, just as in
> previous versions.
>
> Can you clarify? Am I trying this in the wrong context? I don't see
> this command listed anywhere in the manual.
>
> What is the name of this new command?

While mini-search is active, ctrl-w pastes the current word from
the editor into the mini-search buffer.  It shouldn't conflict
w/ closing tabs unless you want to use ctrl-w to do that while
mini-searching.

This is an emacs behavior that we left enabled in all keyboard modes
but may need to disable if it does get in the way (please let us know
if so).