[wingide-users] Intellsence or how to genereate *.pi files for C++ embedded scripts?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 17 09:01:50 MDT 2009

Denis wrote:
> There are python embedded script to C++ game (.exe module)
> How to setup Wing IDE   for  analyse methods/functions/classes exported
> from .exe module?
> I found in documentation:
> /"Using *.pi files to Assist Analysis
> But I didn't find any tools and information how to create *.pi file for
> embedded script automatically

.pi files can be written manually, but there is a generation script
located in the src\wingutils folder in the Wing IDE install.  It
requires a .pyd or .so that can be imported in a python interpreter, though.

> Meantime when I'm debugging python code ->  WingIDE shows me everything
> from .exe module

This info is coming from the live process.  Currently Wing doesn't store
the info for use after the process has ended.