[wingide-users] Debugger: How to control what's shown in the Stack Data

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jun 16 14:03:57 MDT 2009

Mirko Meier wrote:
> Now the stack data shows under "testElement" something like:
> +__dict__  ... <dict 0xc64810>
> tail ... None
>
> where I excepted to see tail .... "I'm the tail".
> This, however, is shown under the +__dict___.

The issue here is that testElement has some methods which indicate it
acts like a dictionary and like a list, so Wing is displaying attributes
under the __dict__ tree element.  This is an interesting case that Wing
isn't doing a particularly good job with and we'll see if can improve
how it is displayed in stack data.

Cheers,