[wingide-users] tortoisehg

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 10 08:54:42 MDT 2009

william ratcliff wrote:
> Has anyone had any success in using the TortoiseHg shell extension and
> wing?  A number of projects on google are now using mercurial for
> hosting rather than svn and it would be nice to be able to download
> their source directly instead of maintaining a separate box or vm for
> use with mercurial....

I don't know the current state of it.  The issue as that when the
Windows Save or Open dialog was shown, TortoiseHg would spawn a thread
in our Python instance (in our process) in a way that resulted in a
deadlock or starvation of the main Wing thread.  This could affect
any app written in Python, so perhaps they have changed this.  In
any case, if it doesn't hang Wing when you show the open or save
dialog then it's probably OK.