[wingide-users] Syntax highlighting kid files

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jun 9 12:23:35 MDT 2009

Doug Farrell wrote:
> I’m using Wing version 3.1.8-1 and I’d like to get kid template files to
> be highlighted like HTML files. I’ve tried setting the File Types for
> HTML and XML Files to include “Wild Card on File Name - *.kid”, but that
> doesn’t seem to work. Is there something I’m missing or should to enable
> this?

I suspect you changed the File Sets preference, which is used for selecting
files in searches, the project view, and a few other things.

You can add 'kid' for 'HTML' mime type in the Files / File Types / Extra
File Types preference it should work (possibly after restart or close/open
file depending on your version of Wing; I can't off-hand remember if
3.1.8 correctly updates already-open files when you change this pref).

Please let me know if that doesn't help.