[wingide-users] Seeing msgs generated by exceptions

Agosta, John M john.m.agosta at intel.com
Tue Jun 9 11:52:11 MDT 2009

___
John Mark Agosta, Intel Labs Santa Clara

Wingware users:

I notice that exception error messages generated when I run a script at the prompt don't appear in the Debug I/O window when I debug the script.

At the prompt I get this:
File "c\Pyhon26\lib\copy_reg.py", line 70, in _reduce_ex
     raise TypeError, "can't pickle %s objects" % base.__name__
TypeError: can't pickle file objects

In IDE I see the stack calls that generated the Exceptions, but not the error msg. Unfortunately in this case, the Stack Data browser will not show the local vars, e.g. I can't inspect base.__name__

-john mark agosta
Intel Labs