[wingide-users] ALT-F4 closing window

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jul 24 12:20:38 MDT 2009

Dietmar Schwertberger wrote:
> I'm using Wing IDE 3.2 under Windows Vista.
> Usually I have two or three windows (one tool window and one or two
> document windows).
> When I want to close Wing IDE, I want to use ALT-F4 most of the time.
> Unfortunately, if I do this not the application is closed, but the window.
> I think that under Windows ALT-F4 should quit the application.
> Also, there should be a way to 'recover' a closed window. Currently
> it's a major effort...

Alt-F4 closes a window under Windows and not the application.  This is
behavior defined by Microsoft so I don't think Wing should try to do
something different.  Ctrl-Q will close the application under many
keyboard personalities.

By recovering a close window, do you mean recreating a toolbox window
with the same tools?  I can see the value in that.