[wingide-users] GAE and the Debug Probe

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 22 09:24:30 MDT 2009

Mark Jones wrote:
> I'm using GAE with Django helper.  The Debug probe has become useless (noticed it before I added the Django helper to the project)

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <string>
> RuntimeError: lost __builtin__
>
> I'm suspecting this to be culprit (it appears to be what cause wingdbstub.py to fail as well:
>
> def find_module(name, path=None):
>   """Django needs imp.find_module, but it works fine if nothing is found."""
>   raise ImportError
>
> Any ideas on what to do to fix it?

Yes, if they are replacing imp.find_module with the above that would be a bit
of a problem for any code that uses that... and we do use it to find our
debugger modules.

The only thing I can recommend is not monkey patching imp, assuming that
is what is being done here.  I don't quite understand why they would do
this.