[wingide-users] Feature request:show/hide symbol menu bar

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Mon Jul 20 08:14:12 MDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>wrote:

> Wing IDE Support wrote:
>
>> Jonathan March wrote:
>>
>>> Though I thought I once saw it, I cannot now find a command / option to
>>> hide the editor symbol menu bar. Usually I want to show it, but sometimes
>>> during debugging, with both right and bottom tool panels showing, plus a
>>> top-bottom editor split, vertical space is too precious and I would like to
>>> hide it temporarily.
>>>

>> There isn't an option for hiding & showing this bar.  We'll try to add it
>> in a future release.
>>

> The 'editor symbol menu bar'? Is this the toolbar along the top? There is a
> preferences option to switch this off but a command to toggle it on/off that
> can be bound to a key would be most useful.

Not the toolbar, but the bar immediately above the edited document. It
contains drop-down lists of files, classes, methods, etc. It also contains
some other icons such as "document view options" and "close document"