[wingide-users] [RFE] Showing non-overridden methods in "symbol menus"

Federico Fanton jorilx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 03:53:54 MDT 2009

Hi everyone!
I'd like to suggest an enhancement to WingIDE: an option to enable
showing inside the "symbols" dropdown menus not only the actual content
of the current class, but also eventual non-overridden methods of the
parent class(es)..

For example, given the following source:

----------------------
class A(object):
     def methodA(self):
         pass

     def methodB(self):
         pass

     def methodC(self):
         pass

class B(A):
     def methodA(self):
         pass

     def methodC(self):
         pass

Right now if the cursor is inside class B, the related dropdown shows
only "methodA; methodC".. With my suggestion the dropdown would show
something like "methodA; methodB (class A), methodC"

That would speed up getting to the code you're interested into, without
having to manually navigate the class hierarchy.

What do you think? :)