[wingide-users] Unable to connect to wingware.com.

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 8 19:16:49 MDT 2009

Bill Zingler wrote:
> I am able to run Wing IDE, but it has the following complaint when
> checking for updates:
>
> "Unable to connect to wingware.com <http://wingware.com>.  Please check
> your network connection and try again."

We've had reports of DNS failures on some x64 linux distributions, but
have never been able to reproduce it.  The manual option for activation
should work or you can add an entry to /etc/hosts for wingware.com  I
suspect its a bug in the x32 version of the C library on x64 systems
that is only triggered under certain conditions.

Cheers,