[wingide-users] breakpoints and breaking on exceptions

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 7 08:54:46 MDT 2009

John Fawcett wrote:
> I am having a lot of trouble with breakpoints - basically the debugger
> will just stop hitting breakpoints. In addition, breaking on exceptions
> seems to halt. I can't attribute it to any trigger. Even restarting the
> ide doesn't seem to revive the breakpoints reliably. The only thing I
> have been trying to use for the first time is the exception handling
> management features, to ignore certain locations. Is there anyway to
> just roll back all the "ignore this location" selections I've made?

Clearing ignored locations is done via Clear Ignored Exceptions on the
Debug menu, though this has no affect on breakpoints (by design; the
exception ignore list is only used for exceptions and not for
breakpoints).  Are you starting the app engine from with withing the
IDE?  Does restarting the app engine process help?