[wingide-users] IOError when debugging django project

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jul 6 11:07:25 MDT 2009

Simon Lee wrote:
> I am trying to debug a simple django app with WingIde Personal 3.1.8-1
> on my Mac running OSX 10.5.7 and got this error
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'messages'

A couple of ideas:

* django is depending on something in your console environment that's
not set when you run from Wing.  On OS X, the console app runs some
startup files that are not run when a GUI application such as Wing is
launched.

* The Wing exception mode is set to immediately if appear unhandled in
preferences.  If this is the case, you either need to switch to using
the "when printed" exception mode or ignore the exception.

Cheers,