[wingide-users] Indent guides

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Thu Jul 2 11:09:45 MDT 2009

Indent guides: sometimes they are very helpful, other times a PITA. Some
tentative suggestions:

1. Implement a "toggle-indent-guides" command. Now, it is necessary to bind
and remember two separate keys (for hide- and show-), when one key would be
less key-greedy and easier to remember. (I understand that separate hide-
and show- commands can be useful in some scripts.)

2. The help describes indent guides as "light vertical lines." It would be
nice if that were true. What they actually are on my system (WinXP) is a
dotted (7-dot) vertical line, which is much more visually distracting than a
faint gray solid line would be. YMMV but at least an option? (Ideally this
would be color-configurable.)

3.  Oddly, the File Properties -> Editor Tab has options for "Use Preference
Setting" and "Always Show" but no choice for "Never Show"! If one generally
prefers indent guides but wanted sometimes to turn them off (and didn't want
to do a key binding), one would be out of luck.