[wingide-users] Making new files

Rod Morison rod at morison.biz
Wed Jan 28 14:41:33 MST 2009

I 2nd that notion, and raise it: What viz studio (& many others) do is
good: right click on a project browser folder, then bring up a new file
dialog pre-nav'd to that folder. Going beyond that would include:

-a list of file types: .py, .html, .kid, .txt, ...
-a "new directory" right click option

Fyi, the File->New menu doesn't need to autosave...creating a "scratch"
file and using Save As... is the right behavior there (along with
offering to save any unsaved on Debug or Exit).

New Project: it's rare to create a new "scratch" project. IMO all New
Project commands should bring up a file dialog to place the wpr file.