[wingide-users] Making new files

Philip Gatt gattster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 13:39:43 MST 2009

I think WingIDE can improve the ease of creating new files in a
project. I would like the ability to right-click a directory in my
project panel and be able to create a file. Currently, we can "Add
File", but that is just to add existing files.

To create new files, I only see 2 methods:

1) Click "File Menu > New". Then save the file, and specify the path.
It defaults to the root of my project, so if the file needs to go a
few directories deep, it takes a bit of typing.

2) Create file outside of WingIDE. Unfortunately, this is what I
usually resort to because it seems to be the fastest for me.

Am I missing something? The right click feature I mentioned above
would be very convenient.

Thanks,
Philip Gatt