[wingide-users] RFE: Locations in "search in files" tool

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 27 07:45:24 MST 2009

Federico Fanton wrote:
> Hi everyone :)
> I was thinking, wouldn't it be handy to be able to manage more freely
> the "look in" locations of the "search in files" tool?
>
> Right now it's just an MRU-list with some default choices, but I can't
> manage them directly, so I end up with a messy list.. For example, from
> time to time I need to search the SQLAlchemy sources, but since they are
> located fairly deep in the filesystem
> (/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-x.x.x...) the path gets
> truncated and I can't figure out (at a glance) which path refers to
> which version of SQLA.. :) Another example: if I specify a path by hand
> and I mispell it, it gets stored in the MRU list and I'll keep seeing it
> inside the combo..

Are you saying that you are seeing full patch names in the MRU menu or
that it's truncated when in the Look In entry area?  It may be that
setting the Files / Title Style preference to Append Relative or
similar may help w/ this.

While we could add managing of this list, it might be simpler to just
add tooltips that show up when you hover over truncated names.  However,
please let me know where it's doing this as I wasn't able to reproduce it.