[wingide-users] git repository support

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 27 07:38:41 MST 2009

Greg Bowman wrote:
> I'd like to write a simple plug-in to interface with a git repository in
> much the same way svn does. It should be pretty simple, however I'd
> like it if someone could point me in the right direction instead of
> spending all day (or days) hacking something into the existing
> wingide code.
>
> Anyone interested in git can find it here: http://git-scm.com/
>
> If there's any plans to add git, or if someone is already working on
> it, I'd be happy to help.

We plan to add git support in version 3.2, which also rewrites how
the revision control integration is done.  I don't yet know when that
will be released, however.

It may not be that hard to copy scripts/svn.py in your Wing install
and get something working by working through it.  The changes needed
are essentially in the command lines of the invoked commands and
in the _read_entries_file code, which would have to be replaced
with something that can get the necessary status info from git.

However, it may just be easier to wait too... ;-)