[wingide-users] Bizarre import problem

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 23:41:44 MST 2009

In my bzr integration code, I have:

    import Queue

And when I save the script, Wing reports:

    Error::Failed to load test from /Users/ixokai/.wingide3/scripts/test.py:

    Runtime failure details:
    Exception: "<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>"
    Value = 'No module named Queue'
    Traceback:
      File "2.5/src/scripting/cap_scriptmgr.pyo", line 689, in
_ProcessScriptModule
      File "/Users/ixokai/.wingide3/scripts/test.py", line 2, in <module>
        import Queue

I find this perplexing, since I can "import Queue" from the Python Shell
within Wing and outside of it, and its a standard module and all. I'm using
threads in a few places because certain bzr actions take quite awhile to
finish, so I'm setting up a queue and using InstallTask to check it
periodically from wing to report success once the task is done.

I don't really -have- to use Queue's in this, since regular Python lists are
thread-safe for basic operations I believe, but. Its perplexing.

Thanks in advance.

--Stephen