[wingide-users] Testing out extending Wing IDE

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Jan 7 18:51:09 MST 2009

Wingware Support wrote:
> Stephen Hansen wrote:
>> I don't quite understand the implications of using share projects
>> instead of regular ones, I did some basic fiddling and at a glance it
>> appears to store the directories in the wpr and everything else in
>> wpu. I'm not sure just why that might be preferable.
>
> The .wpu file contains settings such as window position that change
> every time you run Wing.  If you check it into revision control, it will
> be constantly reported as modified and will likely to cause conflicts if
> other developers us the same repository.

It also causes problems if you develop on more than one system with different
display configurations. The window layout that works great on my "big" desktop
system is unusable on my "little" laptop.

Michael